Latest version: Release 188.8.131.52
- ztC Edge 184.108.40.206 Release Notes (English) (Chinese) (German) (Japanese) (Portuguese)
- ztC Edge 220.127.116.11 Documentation Set (English) (Chinese) (German) (Japanese) (Portuguese) 1
Stratus Redundant Linux Software Upgrade Kit
! Important ! – New installations of ztC Edge 18.104.22.168 can be performed using the “out of the box” deploy scenario. It is necessary to observe specific cautions and workarounds when upgrading older versions to release 22.214.171.124.
Please, open a support call with Stratus Customer Service to obtain the upgrade kit and discuss options for a problem free upgrade.
Stratus Redundant Linux Software Upgrade Instructions
- Upgrading Stratus Redundant Linux Software Using an Upgrade Kit (English) (Chinese) (German) (Japanese) (Portuguese)
ztC Edge 100i Systems: Supplemental Documentation
- Deploying the System (R001Z) (English) (Chinese) (German) (Japanese) (Portuguese)
- Replacing a Node (R002Z) (English) (Chinese) (German) (Japanese) (Portuguese)
ztC Edge 100i-s Systems: Supplemental Documentation
- Deploying a Single-Node System (R003Z) (English) (Chinese) (German) (Japanese) (Portuguese)
- Adding a Node (R004Z) (English) (Chinese) (German) (Japanese) (Portuguese)
ztC Edge 110i Systems: Supplemental Documentation
- Deploying the System (R005Z) (English) (Chinese) (German) (Japanese) (Portuguese)
- Replacing a Node (R006Z) (English) (Chinese) (German) (Japanese) (Portuguese)
1 Documentation sets are translated for major (X.0.0.0) and minor (X.Y.0.0) releases.
Drivers and Tools
A quorum service is a Windows operating system-based service deployed on a server distinct from the two ztC Edge servers (physical machines or PMs) running HA- or FT-protected virtual machines (VMs). Quorum servers provide data integrity assurances and automatic restart capabilities for specific failures in a ztC Edge environment. Stratus strongly recommends using quorum servers for Automated Local Site Recovery (ALSR) operation. You can configure a ztC Edge pair with 0, 1, or 2 quorum servers. Refer to Quorum Servers for more information.
Download the Quorum Service for ztC Edge Systems.
ztC Edge SNMP MIB
Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a standard protocol for receiving alarms, sending traps, and monitoring system status. SNMP draws upon system-defining information that is stored in hierarchically configured management information bases (MIB)
The MIB is a database of objects that can be monitored by a network management system. With ztC Edge systems running Stratus Redundant Linux (SRL) software, you need to download the MIBs if you are running SNMP. These downloads allow your SNMP network management software to decipher SNMP alarms for ztC Edge systems.
For details, see the SNMP section of the ztC Edge documentation.
Download the ztC Edge MIB
ztC Edge VirtIO Driver Update
The VirtIO driver is installed automatically in your guest on VM creation. In certain situations, you should update the driver. For example, you should update the VirtIO drivers after upgrading the system software or after using the P2V client to migrate a VM or a physical machine (PM) to the ztC Edge system. Refer to Updating the VirtIO Drivers (Windows-based VMs) for details.
ztC Edge P2V Client for Virtual or Physical Machine Migration
To migrate a PM or VM directly over a network to an ztC Edge system with no intervening storage, boot the P2V client (virt-p2v) on the source PM or VM and use the client to configure, initiate, and monitor the secure network transfer from the source side. The ztC Edge system requires no configuration until after the migration is complete, but you can confirm that the migration is in progress on the Volumes page of the ztC Edge Availability Console as volumes associated with the new VM begin to appear. For details, see Creating and Migrating Virtual Machines.